January 7, 2011

Getting Caught Up Finally!

Hello Everyone,
I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with your family and friends.  It was a whirlwind around our house, but I'm glad to have such a great family around.
This card was made with some great colors.  I really like the combination of cajun craze, certainly celery and more mustard.  I created this latch card using these beautiful colors.  The image was stamped on water color paper.  I inked up the image with markers and then spritzed the stamp with water before stamping it.  The water gives the image that true watercolor look.  I embossed the latch with a Cuttlebug border folder.  I love how the scalloped punch design stands out layered on the darker cajun craze base.  I tried a new product (well, it's new to me) for accent on ths card.  It's called Pearl Pen by Viva Decor.  This product comes out of the tube as a liquid and dries hard and flat, just like the pearls that you purchase and have to remove from a paper sheet. It does take some time to dry, but they turned out lovely.  Some ribbon and a couple of brads finish this one off. 
Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Denise Willerton said...

what a stunning card! I love the colors, layers and what you've done with this! Beautiful!