February 14, 2011

An 80th Celebration

Hello Everyone!  This card was created for a very special lady for her 80th Birthday!  Can you imagine celebrating an 80th birthday.  I hope I make it! 
The card base is white, the next layer and the main card color is baja breeze.  I added a layer of not quite navy and on top of that, 3 strips of woodland walk designer paper.  They're cut just small enough to leave some of the not quite navy paper to show through, creating frames for each strip.  Nesties were used to create the circle and scalloped layers.  Before taking the white circle out of the die, I hooked up a light blue copic marker into the air brush tool and sprayed lightly so that when I removed the paper, a white ridge on the edge remained where the die covered the paper.  I paper pierced the circle using a round plastic canvas sheet used for cross stitch or needle point.  It's got a grid of different sized circles, making it easy to find the right size needed. 
A white piece of cardstock was run through with an embossing folder and placed at the bottom of the card.  I created the numbers using my cricut.  A sheer organdy ribbon and a heart charm complete this one.  The ends of the ribbon were slightly curled by carefully heating it with my heat gun.  It takes just a second and gives it a slightly crinkled look. 
Hope you enjoyed this one.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Darla said...

Wow, talk about gorgeous, and I'm going to try heating the ribbon on the ends!! Thanks for the inspiration, my Friend!!!!

Marsha said...

Wow...this is a beauty! The little charm is the perfect touch. I'm going to have to try heating my ribbon for the little bit of curl...love that!