August 6, 2011

Tropical Oasis

Hello Everyone!  Doesn't this card make you want to pack your bags, grab a passport and head for the tropics?  I had such a good time making this card.  I used several mask layers and sponged the entire background.  I started by die cutting an oval shape, using a nestie die.  I then sponged the sky with bashful blue, the ocean with marina mist and the beach with soft suede.  It's kind of subtle, but I used the spritzer tool and a soft suede marker to give a little texture to the sand. The palm tree, from the Tropical Party stamp set-SU, was inked using chocolate chip and old olive markers and stamped onto the beach.  The margarita drink sparkles from yellow stickles.  Don't the palm fronds look great on the corners?  I added a couple of pink flowers for a splash of color.  Thanks for stopping by today.

No comments: