August 13, 2012

Kickin' Up Your Heels















Hello Everyone!  Today I made a card for our daughter's birthday.  She loves fashion, so when I found this glittered cheetah print designer paper, I knew I had to include it on her card.  I created the high heel from the Stiletto Card file from the Silhouette on-line store. I resized it to fit the card front and cut the darker brown background layer.  I then created an inset layer, cut off the heel and ran my glitter paper into the Silhouette as fast as I could, because I was so excited to see how it would turn out.  I ended up having to use a blade setting of 6 and a double cut.  The glitter paper was pretty thick.  I glued the 2 pieces together and added the bling down the heel of the shoe and clustered a few rhinestones as a focal point on the top of the shoe.  I couldn't stop there, and felt a gold bow at the back of the shoe was a must :-)  The sentiment is from Humor in High Heels (SU retired) and inside I computer generated a sentiment that says "Kick up your heels and enjoy your birthday". 

And what's a girl to do without the proper handbag?  It's just not possible to go out without one!!!  I created this from some wonderful gold, textured designer paper that I found at Michaels.  It feels like cloth and looks kind of like a soft leather.  The silhouette cut it like a dream.  I accented it with some of the glitter paper, made a tag for some purse jewelry.  I even put some "feet" on the bottom of the bag.  I think I could have gone on and on with decorating the bag, but I had to stop somewhere.  I placed a gift card inside this little gem and called it good. 

What more can I say.  I had a blast making this! 


Thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. 

2 comments:

Darla said...

Oh my gosh, Terri!!!! I knew it was going to be fabulous, and my jaw still hit the floor! I love the bling shoe and your attention to the tiniest detail. The coordinating purse sends this into the stratosphere. It even has a tiny little key!! Wow, you've outdone yourself with this set, my friend!

Sandi said...

goodness, that bag is FAB and love the shoe card with it, you are having fun with the cames, thanks for sharing, hugs