March 24, 2010

Don't Put That Ornament Punch Away Just Yet!

Don't you just love it when you get a tool and can use it for more than it was intended?  Today, I used the ornament punch, that was in the holiday mini, to create a little pot for this flower to "sit" in.  I punched the ornament out of pretty in pink cs, cut the point off, making a flat bottom, and sponged the edges with regal rose ink.  I scored two lines on the widest part of the pot and added a row of little pearls.  The stamped flowers are from Echoes of Kindness.  I made them sparkle with shimmer paint after coloring them with a pretty in pink marker.  The background is done with the French Flair (retired) large background stamp.  I think it added just the right feel for this card and left me an area in the upper left corner to stamp the sentiment.  The images are stamped on watercolor paper.  It gives a really nice texture without having to emboss.  I have the grain of the paper running horizontally for the background and vertically for the flower image.  I finished this off with a certainly celery organza ribbon and bow with little pearls on the very center of the knot. 
I really had fun making this card and love the way it turned out.  It's simple, yet elegant and feminine. Thanks for stopping by today!. 

3 comments:

Marlene said...

This card is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how you arranged it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Terri,
I'm still trying to figure out how to leave a comment here (insert a sheepish snort!) on your blog. I love the card, what an awesome idea for the punch!!!
Darla

Marsha said...

Very creative! It's a beautiful card...stunning in real life, as I was lucky enough to see it in person. I also love using the watercolor paper for a little texture. Your triple looped bows are fabulous!