April 14, 2010

Blush Wedding

Hello Everyone!  A quick post today.  I've got family coming in from out of town to stay with me for my sister's wedding this weekend.  I'm so excited!  Not only for the wedding, but to see my all my brothers and sisters.  We haven't all been together since my mom's death in October.  This will be such a happy occasion and I think we all need that. 
This is a card I came up with to congratulate the happy couple.  The base of the card is silver cs.  The pink looking color is blush blossom.  I stamped the main image with silver pigment ink, then embossed with silver embossing powder.  It's so shiny!  I placed some silver pearls here and there for some added bling (you know how I like my bling!)  The sentiment layer is outlined with a silver leaf paint pen; making it look like there's a silver layer behind it.  The blush layer is punched using the notched corner punch.  Some silver organza ribbon finishes this one off. 
Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Wow! Elegant card....absolutely beautiful. I love it!

Marsha said...

I love cards with embossing...this is so pretty. I especially like how you did the ribbon. I'm enjoying your blog...keep those cards coming!:)

Anonymous said...

Just stunning! Wonderful combination of colors. Beautiful composition.