August 10, 2010

It Was Just Calling to Me!!!

Hi Everyone!  I woke up this morning thinking I was hearing voices!  No, I'm not crazy (I guess that's a matter of opinion really), but I think my blog (sorry I haven't posted in awhile--busy summer) and Cricut machine were calling out to me for some attention.  I haven't been the best about keeping up. 
I needed to come up with a card for my 7 year old nephew and thought this rooster image would be perfect.  It's from the Cricut cartridge called "Just Because Cards".  The colors I used were for today's color challenge over at SCS--baja breeze, poppy parade and crumbcake.  Don't those colors make great tail feathers?  I stamped the chicken wire background in soft suede ink and sponged around the edges.  I also sponged the white circle using baja breeze.  It's supposed to represent the sun coming up in the morning (I guess you have to use your imagination on that one--I was running on only one cup of coffee).  I added a google eye to finish this one off.  Thanks for stopping by today. 

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I wish I had that chicken wire background! Very cute card...perfect colors for a rooster. Good job on getting the Cricut out and using it!