October 14, 2010

Snowflakes and Christmas

Hello Everyone!  This card WAS going to be my Christmas card for 2010, but decided to use it for one of my stamping classes instead.  The card base and snowflake at the bottom of the card, are Cherry Cobbler cardstock.  Isn't that the most gorgeous red you've ever seen?!  I love it!  The white background is Whisper White cardstock embossed with the new Stampin' Up! Norther Flurry folder found in the Holiday Mini.  I highlighted 3 of the snowflakes with rhinestones.  The sentiment is from the Contempo Christmas set.  I gave the sentiment cardstock a little definition by running the Cherry Cobbler marker along the edges.  The notched out end of the sentiment piece was done using the 3/4" square punch.  The snowflake was made using the Northern Frost decorative strip die, also from the Holiday Mini.  This was a quick, but I think, elegant card.  Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: