March 1, 2011

Cherry on Top

Hello everyone.  Can anything be more fun than a birthday cupcake?  I really like these colors together--Certainly Celery, Marina Mist and Rose Red.  The Create a Cupcake stamp set and coordinating punch were used to make the cupcake.  It's the star of the show on this one.  I framed it with a couple of nestie layers to highlight it.  While the white nestie layer was still in the die, I sponged Marina Mist ink on top.  When removed fromt the die, a nice white outline is created.  The camera didn't capture it too well, but the cherry on top is punched out of red glitter paper.  Almost looks good enough to eat, doesn't it? 
Thanks for stopping by today. 

2 comments:

Becky said...

Lovin' the color combo. And now I want a cupcake. :)

marsha said...

This is such a cheerful card! I love all of the details...the punches, the embossing, the bling. Too cute!