March 18, 2011

Vellum Butterfly

Hello everyone!  Can you believe that spring is nearly here?  I am tired of the colors of winter, so I broke out some soft spring colors.  I love the combination of Blushing Bride, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.  The base of the card is one piece of 4.25" x 5.5" piece of cardstock.  The vanilla piece is actually is what is folded and opens to show the inside of the card.  The decorative label punch was used to create the framed base for the butterfly.  This is a sneak peek of a set that will be available in the new Stampin' Up catalog this summer.  It's called Four Frames and coordinates beautifully with the punch.  I punched out a Soft Suede layer, cut it in half and layered it behind the ends of the vanilla piece. 
To create the butterfly, I ran my Blushing Bride ink pad over a piece of vellum cardstock, then sprinkled clear embossing powder and some glitter on top.  As I heat set it, the embossing powder melted, and set the glitter into it as well.  I then punched out this MS butterfly and glued it to my card.  A couple of pearls and some lace ribbon finish this one off. 
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Beautiful!!! I love all of the details. I'm looking forward to that new set. I love when the stamp set and the puch match. :)