March 11, 2011

Overlooked But Not Forgotten

Hello Everyone.  For today's card I reached for my much overlooked mulberry paper.  I wanted a really soft effect for this feminine card.  The mulberry paper was cut the same size as the pink pirouette cardstock behind it.  I then carefully (and I took my time) tore the paper, leaving the whispy, soft edge.  To adhere the mulberry paper, tape was placed only where I knew the main image layer would cover it. The edges were kept free so that it could stand up a bit.  I love how it turned out.  The main image is the Elizabeth stamp.  I used Basic Gray ink and colored in a few of the blooms with Pink Pirouette marker and added a bit deeper color in the center of the blooms with a Pretty in Pink marker.  A few pearls finish this one off.
Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Very delicate! I haven't used my Elizabeth stamp yet. I like what you did with yours!

Marsha said...

The mulberry paper is perfect with this stamp. I often overlook mine, too. The font is perfect with the Elizabeth stamp, too. I think I'll have to CASE this card - thanks!