February 20, 2010

For My Friend

Hello everyone! Well, it's Super Bowl Sunday and I'm geared up to watch the big game tonight. First off, I wanted to get this card posted. It is a very special card I made for my next door neighbor, who recently lost her mother. I lost my mom in October and when my siblings and I were going through her things, I came across a calendar she used every day. It's a calendar of daily reflections about angels. The sentiment on the front of the card was the reflection for the day my neighbor's mother passed away. I computer generated the sentiment and created the card from there. The sentiment and the layer behind it were die cut using my nesties.


The recipe:
Cardstock: Blush blossom, whisper white, silver
Ink: Basic gray, blush blossom
Accessories: Silver organza ribbon, elegant bouquet embossing folder, MS butterfly punch, pearls, dimensionals.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) says:


February 8, 2010 at 1:00 pm (Edit)

Beautiful card, Terri! Love the soft colors, and all your little details are such a nice touch! That nestie is gorgeous



Marsha says:

February 9, 2010 at 10:30 pm (Edit)

It’s a beautiful card, but the thoughts behind it are even more beautiful! I love how you incorporated the little calendar quote from your mom’s calendar…that will mean a lot to your neighbor. Fantastic card!



Rebekka says:

February 10, 2010 at 2:08 pm (Edit)

This is stunning. Beautiful embossing.



Karen imastampin says:

February 12, 2010 at 4:33 pm (Edit)

This is really beautiful Terri. The sentiment is perfect for your neighbor. You are awesome friend.



Hugs,

Karen

No comments: