February 20, 2010

My First Post!

Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog. If you only knew what it took to get this up and running! Whew! It's been like trying to learn a foreign language. I guess for me it is. Computers and I don't really get along. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. :-) Fortunately there were wonderful people at Stampin' Addicts that helped me through all the computer lingo. I've still got so much to learn, but at least I've got the basics covered and can start having fun posting. That's what it's really all about. I will try and keep my blog mostly Stampin' Up, but I can't live without my CB embossing folders and Spellbinder dies, so you will see those being used.
I thought it only right that my first post should include a card I made for my sweet husband for Valentine's Day. He's the love of my life and my biggest supporter. He's always got my back and I'm so lucky to be married to him!
When I first saw the Like-O-Meter stamp in the Occasions mini catalog, it just cracked me up. I knew I had to have it and make my hubby's card with it. There's lots of new Stampin' Up goodies used on this card. I had so much fun playing and getting it designed. I tried not to make it too fussy in order to keep it more masculine.

Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Like-O-Meter, I (Heart) Hearts
Cardstock: Soft suede, real red, very vanilla, basic black.
Inks: real red, black staz on, soft suede
Accessories: Soft suede polka dot ribbon, pinking heart border punch, small heart punch, heart to heart punch, my way punch, horizontal slot punch, CB heart embossing folder, clear block, dimensionals, crystal effects, black glitter, heart brad.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!
14 Responses to “My Very First Post!”


Elisabeth says:

February 5, 2010 at 7:55 am (Edit)

Cute card, He’s gonna love it! Congrats on getting the blog up and running!



Kelly says:

February 5, 2010 at 8:47 am (Edit)

How cute is this! Love your blog and title – very creative! Wonderful card and blog!



Pat (mspfd) says:

February 5, 2010 at 9:24 am (Edit)

Congratulations on becoming a blogger. You will definitely have a fun time and meet lots of blogging buddies. Love your card; it’s adorable!



MaryR says:

February 5, 2010 at 11:15 am (Edit)

cute card and great banner – welcome to blogging!



Allison Ohran says:

February 5, 2010 at 11:33 am (Edit)

Too cute! You’ve got a great start to your blog.



Yapha says:

February 5, 2010 at 11:52 am (Edit)

Congratulations on your new blog! You are off to a great start!



Melissa says:

February 5, 2010 at 1:15 pm (Edit)

Very cute card! I love all of the elements on it. Great job on your blog too!



Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) says:

February 5, 2010 at 2:00 pm (Edit)

Terri! I’m soooooo excited to see that you’ve started your own blog! And you’re off to a great start with it! I know you’ll do great And this card is awesome. I love the stamped background, and that Like-o-meter stamp is just to die for! Great job! And I can’t wait to see more from you!



jentimko says:

February 5, 2010 at 2:24 pm (Edit)

What a great card! Super job on the new blog…I’m looking forward to new entries!



Marie says:

February 5, 2010 at 3:19 pm (Edit)

Very cute card, Terri. Welcome to blog-land! Glad to see you here



Faith says:

February 5, 2010 at 11:24 pm (Edit)

What a FUN Blog!!! You go girl!!



Marsha says:

February 6, 2010 at 10:40 am (Edit)

Yay!!! You got it going and it looks FABULOUS! I’m so excited that you’re blogging. Your valentine card for hubby is awesome. He will love it!



Karen imastampin says:

February 12, 2010 at 4:36 pm (Edit)

What a great Valentine for your hubby. You are lucky to have each other. Here’s to love!



Hugs,

Karen



Cindy E. says:

February 12, 2010 at 6:38 pm (Edit)

I absolutely adore this card! So, when is your next post??? I can’t wait to see what else you’re making!

No comments: