February 20, 2010

Birthdays are Popping Up Everywhere

Hello everyone. I don't know about you, but it seems that birthdays are just coming at me one after another since Christmas. I can barely keep up. Here's a simple little card that I made for my 9 year old niece. Like many little girls her age, her favorite color is pink. I chose Pretty in Pink and Mambo Melon to give it just the right amount of pink. :-) To add a little sparkle to this cupcake, I used a two way glue pen and added chocolate chip glitter and popped it up on a dimensional. The little gems in the corners are actually heart shaped. I'm sure my niec will love it.

For all you that are bow-tying challened, and you know who you are, I'll have a little tip in my next post on how to get the perfect bow look seen on this card. Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
The Recipe:
Stamps: Out of the Box, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: White, Pretty in Pink, Mambo Melon
Ink: Black Staz On
Accessories: Mambo melon polka dot ribbon, CB embossing folder, dimensional, SU markers, heart-shaped gems, eyelet border punch.

Thanks for stopping by!

« Super SundayVintage Vogue and a Tip! »Birthdays are Popping Up Everywhere!


Feb 9th, 2010 by Terri Edit



6 Responses to “Birthdays are Popping Up Everywhere!”

Marsha says:

February 9, 2010 at 10:33 pm (Edit)

This is a perfect card for a 9 year old girl! I love how you used the Out of the Box stamp set…I must get mine out! Another great card….I’m loving your blog.:)



Rebekka says:

February 10, 2010 at 2:07 pm (Edit)

This is so cute for a 9 year old.



Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) says:

February 10, 2010 at 2:16 pm (Edit)

Fabulous birthday card! i love pink too so this definitely caught my eye And can’t wait for your ribbon tying tips! I’m still perfecting my ribbon tying technique, so I’m sure your tips will help me…haha.



Mary says:

February 10, 2010 at 4:18 pm (Edit)

Very cute card! I’m just getting into stamping and find it very addictive. LOL



TFS

Mary



Mary says:

February 10, 2010 at 6:01 pm (Edit)

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. LOL I didn’t have a clue how to do it, but i like the way it turned out. I do a lot of scrapbooking and card making so as soon as I start feeling better I’ll get some of them posted. Do you mind if I follow your blog?



Karen imastampin says:

February 12, 2010 at 4:30 pm (Edit)

Very cute! I love that popping up cupcake.

No comments: